|. WELCOME .|
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
Welcome to sorting_for_me! Join us! You are 100% guaranteed to be put into a house!
|. RULES .|
1. Be respectful to everyone. People have different opinions. Be careful as to respect those opinions. Swearing, foul language, racist comments, etc. are looked down upon and will be punished. Please keep all talk under the rating of PG-13. Bashing people, other communites, this community, members, etc. are not tolerated.
2. Don't like global warming? Well don't talk about it here. Keep all discussion related to Harry Potter. There are plenty of other communities out there not related to Harry Potter. If you are looking for a place to talk about non-Harry Potter subjects this is not your community. That means absolutely NO talk of politics, batman, potato chips, etc.
3. Keep it PG-13. Even though your language or thoughts might be crude, please assume that there might be young children in the audience. Keep topics like sex, drugs, extensive violence, nudity, etc. to a minimum. We are aware that there are people who have fanfics or fanart that contain these. We ask that you please put them under a cut with a warning OUTSIDE the cut about the contents.
4. Do you like the ending of the series? That's all fine and dandy, but please keep all spoilers from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to under a cut with a warning. Thanks!
5. No stealing or plagerising. Do you like it when people copy your work? Please do not take things that are not yours. Using someone else's application is pathetic.
6. NO promoting. This is not a promoting community. Do not promote your community. End of story.
7. Using this community as a stamping community is completely fine~. :D
8. You are NOT required to join hogwarts_for_me upon sorting. We will send you an invitation for the main community and your house common room, but it is your choice to join or not.
|. APPLICATION .|
1. Copy the application below and fill out ALL the questions. We do not mind if your answers are short and brief as long as they fullfill the questions.
2. Join the community and submit your application to the community.
3. Your application will be sorted by already sorted members and on occasion, the headmaster. We will NEVER squib you and you will be sorted to a house within 2-3 days or 5 of the same votes (same time or number of votes applies to the monthly applications).
4. You will be sent an invitation to your house's common room and the main community. You are not forced to join, but it would be nice if you did. :D
5. Please abide by the rules of the general community as well as specific rules of each extension community.
6. Be aware that the headmaster might approach you questioning you about your application(s). Don't be alarmed. Just speak the truth. He doesn't bite (or so we think~).
7. To make sure you read this put Pumpkin Pasties in the subject line of your post.
8. Every month we have a "monthly application". Members are not required to do this application in order to stay active. However, in order to do the monthly application you must have been sorted into your house before posting.
|. SORTING .|
|Would you like to sort someone? Follow these instructions to do so.|
1. All sorted members can sort incoming members. You must be a sorted member in order to sort. Non-sorted members are not allowed to sort.
2. Be fair. Not everyone likes the same things you do. Keep other people's feelings in mind and do not bash them for their opinions.
3. This is a non-squibbing community. That means all people are to be sorted into one of the four houses. Do not disregard votes if you can't figure out where to put them.
4. Want to know how to sort? Subject=House you are sorting the sortee into. Body=Comment as to reason why you sorted them there. You must have both in order for your vote to count.
5. If you notice someone isn't taking their part seriously and have broken one of the rules post a comment as follows. Recomment them with a subject line of "Hogwarts is for everyone!" with the offender's name as well as offense quoted or screencaped.
6. Signatures are not necessary and can be slightly distracting. If you feel that you would like one however, please keep it under width: 300; height: 200 or under 100 characters.
7. Only the headmaster & headmistress, eruchye and mmrobitussin, may sort people into their respective houses at this point in time [as said before 2-3 days or 5 of the same vote].
8. You will be sent an invitation to join hogwarts_for_me and your respective common room community, but are not required to join. However in order to join hogwarts_for_me you must be sorted at this community.
9. If you join hogwarts_for_me you will be able to help decided future monthly themes. However, if you do not join, you will not be able to vote, but will still be able to participate in the monthly theme once it has been decided.
10. This community may be used as a stamping community. Stamps are located here.
|. HOGWARTS FOR ME .|
|This community has a few other communities you can gain access too as well as a few you can’t. They will all be listed here.|
hogwarts_for_me- General Discussion
sorting_for_me- Sorting Hat
Closed Communities-Special members only
my_gryffindor- Gryffindor's only
my_hufflepuff- Hufflepuff's only
my_ravenclaw- Ravenclaw's only
*new communities will be added over time*
|. AFFILIATES .|
|This community is semi-separated from hogwarts_for_me in the way that people can affiliate here separately from the main community. If you would like to affiliate, please request here.|
User Info & Layout Graphics made by mmrobitussin.